Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Interview with erotica author Casey Sheridan


Reviews and Interviews welcomes Casey Sheridan today, as she tells us a bit about her latest novellete, Ruby Red Metallic.

Bio: Casey Sheridan began writing erotica on a dare, and she loved writing it so much she never stopped. Her work has been published by Breathless Press and Cobblestone Press, and has appeared on The Erotic Woman, Every Night Erotica, and RSVP-Erotica.

Casey is a member of Passionate Ink, Romance Writers of America, Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal chapter of RWA, and Erotic Authors Association.

She loves reading, writing, collecting teddy bears and any toy Porsche 911 she can find (and can afford).

Please tell us about your current release.
Ruby Red Metallic is an erotic novelette about a woman car thief named Alaina. Alaina doesn’t steal just any car. She has her eyes set on very exclusive, high-end cars. Of course, there is one type of vehicle she has a specific passion for and when she comes across it, the owner is as hot as the car.

What inspired you to write this book?
A very close friend of mine suggested I write something about a car. His suggestion was a real challenge for me since I don’t know anything about cars except how to drive them (and fill the gas tank). But once I got all the research done I had a great time coming up with the story.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I’m working on a contemporary erotic romance about a woman that goes to an exclusive party where she has to wear wireless remote controlled vibrating panties. It’s tentatively titled Number 69.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
The first time I had something published is when I considered myself a writer. It was a short story about a courier that went up on a women’s erotica site.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I wish I could write full-time, but right now I still work a day job.
Finding time to write can be a challenge sometimes, since I work 40 to 50 hours a week at the day time dungeon and have to take care of other household responsibilities like shopping, laundry, yard work, or snow removal, etc. I write for at least 90 minutes each day during the week and for as long as I can during the weekends.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I don’t know how interesting this is, but when I sit down at my desk to write I have to have another chair set right next to me for my cat. He always finds it necessary to want to sit in my lap whenever I sit at my desk so I set up a special chair for him so he can curl up there instead of squeezing between me and the desk. He’s very happy with that situation. My mom even crocheted a little blanket to put on the seat for him to lie on. He’s not spoiled or anything.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be anything that would allow me to carry a briefcase; a secretary, a lawyer, real estate agent…anything. My mom had a friend that was a real estate agent. She always dressed nice and carried a brief case. I thought she was the coolest person on earth. I wanted to dress up and carry a brief case just like her. Now, I’m an assistant in my day job, but I don’t carry a brief case. They’re too much of a pain in the butt to lug around.

Thanks for stopping by, Casey. Best of luck with your future writing projects.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me over, Lisa! =D

Lisa Haselton said...

Glad to have you. It's nice to meet another author. :)

Eden Baylee said...

Casey is one of my fave erotica authors - adore her, and really enjoying her ALL OVER the internet promoting her fab new book!

Keep it up Casey!

eden

Savannah Chase said...

Casey another fantastic interview....

Anonymous said...

Thanks Eden! And thanks for all your support

Anonymous said...

Thanks Savannah! =D