Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Interview with erotica romance writer Lori Toland


Today, I'm hosting erotica romance author Lori Toland as she wraps up a virtual book tour for her newest release Trust In Me with Goddess Fish Promotions. As part of her tour Lori is giving away a $25 gift card from Amazon, B&N, or Loose Id and a copy of her book) to a lucky commentor. Details below.

Bio: CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland lives in Orlando where the summers are hot, but the romance between her characters is even hotter. Writing since the tender age of 13, Lori somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her beloved cats and a husband who will forever be her hero.

Welcome, Lori. Please tell us about your current release, Trust in Me.
When Tristan takes over for a sick employee, he runs into an old high school crush. Ten years after a summer fling with Jamie that left him with a broken heart, Tristan's got a different view of it; will he push away the only man he's ever loved?

What inspired you to write this book?
I was working on editing another story and suddenly out of nowhere, I saw the scene where Tristan and Jamie kissed for the first time. The passion and fire between them was gorgeous and beautiful and I had to write it down. That’s how the story started.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I’m working on two stories right now. One is m/f Urban Fantasy I’ve been working on for a while. It’s in the re-write stages now. The second is m/m about a Dom who falls in love with a Christian Minister.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
The day I picked up a pencil. I’ve been telling stories since grade school.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I don’t write full time. I do have a day job but it’s not an EDJ. I’m a CEO of a company I built from the ground up. I have really long days doing that, but if I get a break, I do stop to write.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
It’s actually an editing quirk. I have to have a mouse when I edit. For some reason, I can’t use a track pad. I have to have a mouse or it really messes me up.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a doctor. Which is funny, because Jamie Hunter from Trust In Me is a pediatrician.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
I hope you enjoy Trust In Me. It’s been one of my favorite books to date to write. I can be found on LiveJournal and Twitter, too. Thanks and lots of love to all of you!

Thanks, Lisa, for having me by!

You're quite welcome. I'm glad to be part of your tour and I hope it went well.

As mentioned above, as part of her tour, Lori is giving away a $25 gift card from Amazon, B&N, or Loose Id and a copy of her book) to a lucky commentor. Simply leave a comment on this post and you're entered to win. You can also visit other stops she has made since May 3 to leave comments for more changes to win. The Trust in Me tour info can be found here. The more you comment, the more chances you have of winning.

7 comments:

Mary Preston said...

TRUST IN ME is already on my list & I have to say "a Dom who falls in love with a Christian Minister" YES PLEASE!!!! I look forward to that book too.

marypres@gmail.com

Lori Toland said...

marybelle: Thanks! Keep an eye out for that. It's almost done :D Finally!

Chelsea B. said...

Don't you just love it when ideas fly into your head out of nowhere? The best kind of ideas to have, in my opinion ;-)
"...Dom who falls in love with a Christian Minister." <-- WOW! Talk about complications! I can already tell that story is going to be filled with angsty goodness :-)

justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Lori Toland said...

Chelsea: Yeah, there's lots of complications in that story. It's why I'm avoiding that couple right now LOL!

Bookwyrm369 said...

This sounds like such a great book - I've got it on my wishlist and can't wait to read it :-)

smaccall @ comcast.net

Terra said...

Bio: CEO and a day dreamer to. So glad that you see your scenes play out in your mind because if you didn't we would not have a chance to read "Trust in Me" which sound like a yummy book. I think M/M romance is hot to read and this book will be going on my wish list.

Terra

Lori Toland said...

Thank you Terra and Sarah! I hope you all enjoy it :)