Monday, December 9, 2013

Interview with historical fiction author Jack Duffy

Today we're going back to the past by visiting the future with Jack Duffy and his time travel novel, The Man From 2063.

Bio:
Jack Duffy received his B.A. in political science from Texas Tech University, his M.B.A. from Baylor University, and his J.D. from South Texas College of Law. He lives in Fort Worth, Texas, where he works as an attorney and has one of the largest private collections of material on the JFK assassination.

Welcome, Jack. Please tell us about The Man from 2063.
My book is a time travel book about the JFK assassination. A lawyer goes back in time and prevents the assassination and changes history.

Blurb:
In The Man from 2063 we go to November 22, 2063 when a new film emerges showing that there was a conspiracy in the assassination of President Kennedy. The hero Sean Zumwalt bravely goes back in time to November 21, 1963 to alter the course of world history and save JFK. However, he soon learns that the facts are much more complex to unravel than he could ever have expected, imagined. What unfolds between the pages is a story that will keep readers in its grasp
.
Said renowned lawyer Vincent Bugliosi (the prosecutor in the Charles Manson trial murders in Los Angeles and author of Helter Skelter) on Mr. Duffy’s book:  “…Jack Duffy has succeeded in writing a very clever and engrossing ‘what if’ story surrounding the events of November 22, 1963.”

The Man from 2063 is based on actual events that took place and its creation involves some 40–plus years of research and scrutiny - - taking readers on a twisted path through the folds of time and historical conspiracies, leaving them wondering “what if”?

What inspired you to write this book?
I wrote the book because I have been researching the assassination for over 40 years and always wanted to write a book about the conspiracy theories.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I am currently writing a novel about terrorism. It is similar to James Bond.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I always believed I had a gift for writing. My teachers always thought I had a gift for writing.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I practice law full time and write in my spare time.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I really don’t know.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a lawyer.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
I think they will find my book entertaining and thought provoking.

Published by Tate Publishing and Enterprises, the book is available through bookstores nationwide, from the publisher at www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore, or by visiting barnesandnoble.com or amazon.com. For more information on this book, reader can visit my web site at: www.themanfrom2063.com.

Thank you, Jack!


No comments: